Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Best Pancake Recipe Ever!

Okay for the past 5+ years I have been looking for the perfect pancake recipe. I have tried SO many and although I have found some really good ones, I never felt like I found the best. Until recently.... I have to share this recipe with you all, because it really is the best, better then I have had at any restaurant and better then anything I have ever made at home before, so here it is, let me know if you try it and like it.

  • 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cup buttermilk (I don't buy buttermilk I make it, you just add 1 Tablespoon vinegar, we like either apple cider or white wine, to the milk in a separate bowl and let it sit until you have all the other ingredients in the bowl, then add it in last, should look a little chunky)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

Simply add all the above together, leaving the buttermilk for last, beat it up, pour on your griddle and enjoy! It is even better with fresh blueberries in them!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man sounds yummy!!!!!!!!! I just read another blog where a mommy added green food coloring to their pancakes today for St Patty's day! hehehe! It must be a pancake day!!! Now all I need is you to make me some!!!
Have a great day!
~Abigail

Gayla said...

i'm coming over for breakfast tomorrow. i like blueberries in mine and my kids prefer chocolate chips. okay?

Gayla said...

oh, and seriously? you know how to make buttermilk??? you are a genius of the greenest, granola-est kind!!!! i'm gonna start calling you 'triple G' = green granola genius!!!

Sarah W said...

thanks for sharing this recipe -- I'm going to try it this week. And I'm so impressed you know how to make your own buttermilk. You're like Martha Stewart :-)

Anjanette said...

You're so cute! I too would love to make really good homemade pancakes. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try them. Unless that is, you are inviting us ALL over for breakfast tomorrow. :-) Just kidding! I think Gayla's right: Triple G's the name! Ooh wait! 4-G...Green, granola, genius, Goddess!

Love ya!!

DFanch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DFanch said...

Ok, Kel. So I've officially printed out your pancake recipe to give it a whirl. We're nearly out of our imported Bisquick, and I figure it's about time I learned to make my own instead of relying on Betty Crocker. Now, if you have any tips on making maple syrup, do let me know. It's REALLY expensive over here!
Thanks!
-Julie