Thursday, January 15, 2009

Big News

Well....I have been waiting as long as I can to post our big news and I can't wait any longer. We are going to be parents again to a precious little boy. We are adopting a little boy who will be born to a beautiful young woman named Lila. Rusty and I have always wanted to adopt and after we had Ellie decided that our next child would come to our family via adoption. We prayed a LONG time and felt like God directed us to CPO in Tulsa (Crisis Pregnancy Outreach) and around Thanksgiving we started the application process. Well about 2 weeks ago we got a call from the director Cheryl and she said she had an "emergency situation" she wanted us to pray about. She had a young mom who was due Jan. 20th and was wanting to place the baby with a family through CPO. We were so excited but knew that we needed to know this was God's timing for us to move forward. So Rusty went out to his car to pray and asked the Lord to give him a verse and the first verse that popped into his mind was Malachi 4:6. It says 'I will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers' and in that moment he know in his heart that was the Lord speaking to him about being a father to this unborn child. He came in and shared this with me and I said, "well if it's a girl we already have a girl name picked out LILA, and if it's a boy how could we not name him MALACHI. After that we asked Cheryl to come over and talk with us a little more about what moving forward with this looked like. When she came over she shared with us that the birthmom's name is LILA, and she was having a little boy. We were shocked because neither one of us had ever met a LILA in our lives, we decided that God was giving us our LILA we always wanted and our MALACHI! So we have been spending a lot of time getting to know Lila, and she is just wonderful! The doctor has scheduled a C-section for Sat. @ 9am and we would all love your prayers for all of us, but especially Lila and Malachi. We love you all, thank you. We will be posting pics ASAP.

11 comments:

paintingsongs said...

Wow. Wow. WOW!!! I am so happy for all of you! I knew something was up. I can't wait to see him. I will most certainly be praying for you all.
Love you.

Gayla said...

so very very great! will be praying saturday morning for mom and baby!!! can't wait to meet him!!!

btw... do you know how to 'subscribe' to an rss feed so that i can see when you have updated this blog??? so clueless about the web sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow!!!!!!!!!! What exciting news!!! Congrats guys! What a precious miracle! I will totally be praying for ya'll! I will pass this on to my folks to so they can be praying! You better post pics asap!!!!

C:M:W said...

Oh my goodness, that is such Amazing news!!!! I will be praying for your family,the birth mother (Lila) and this new bundle of joy. Please keep us update and let us know specific ways to pray.

Emily said...

Praise God!! What a blessing! And such affirmation from the Lord in it all. I'll be anxious to see pics of your new baby boy. :)

Kelly said...

Thank you everyone, your excitment, encouraging words, and prayers mean more to us then you can know.

Candy said...

Wow Kelly, this is amazing! I was wondering how you knew her, and I am so happy we ran into you today. She is in great hands and her Dr. will take good care of her! We will be praying for all of you during this time. Do you need any baby things? Please let me know how we can help. We can't wait to meet him.
Candy

Jess said...

What an incredible story about the names! Praying for you guys, Lila, and sweet Malachi.

Anjanette said...

I'm crying! I'm so moved by this whole situation. We too hope to adopt someday, so it is inispiring to watch this unfold. Praying now for your transition as a family, and for Lila and her family. Love you! Anjanette

Sarah W said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of the newest Buck baby!!! Wow -- it's all so wonderful!

Becky said...

I am Dana's m-in-law (Lila's sister). The two were pregnant at the same time so I have been following both closely. God does work in mysterious ways !!! Malachi and Lila both need you so much. May the Lord bless and keep you and make His face to shine upon you, and give you peace. This is such a blessing !!! I really enjoyed seeing the family pictures...it gives me peace. (PS: Dana had twin girls Dec 31).