This morning my mother in law watching Ellie and Malachi, so I could take Charlie on a date. We went to breakfast where he got a Cinnamon roll the size of his face, then we went to a place called Bounce U that is filled with inflatables. We have gone there before but I am usually spending my time holding Malachi or helping Ellie bounce/survive. So today, since it was a date, my goal was to totally engage with Charlie keep up with him. WHEW! I would like to say that I did it for the entire hour and 10 minutes we were there but, I had to take a permanent break after 50 minutes of chasing him around. Kids amaze me, he could have played there all day. Anyways, it was fun to get to spend the time just hanging out with my little man, but I loved that multiple times he asked about the others and even said he wished they were with us. Ellie had her second birthday this past weekend and it was a lot of fun. A friend of mine has a daughter named Norah who's birthday is two days away from Ellie's so we had a combo party with a "Dora the Explorer" theme. We put on a Dora adventure and all was going really well until Rusty came around the corner dresses as Swiper. Ellie freaked out crying and ran into my arms! It was funny but also kind of a bummer that we scared the birthday girl. She recovered quickly and finished the adventure well. Malachi is the happiest baby, and brings so much joy into our lives. He thinks is he so big lately because he is sitting up by himself and just about to take off crawling. He adores his siblings, especially Charlie, but it is pretty clear at this point he is a real mama's boy. For those of you who wondered how breastfeeding him has gone, we are amazed! Since he was about 6 weeks old he has been exclusively breastfed, because I was able to re-lactate with a full milk supply. And...he is my best nurser of the 3 and by far loves it the most, therefore I love it! Anyways here are some recent pics from Ellie's birthday.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday sweet Ellie! Wow, how time flies. I remember when you were born.
happy day!
Post a Comment