Tuesday, February 19, 2008

some thoughts on how my birthday has changed now that I am a mom

1. I call my mom and thank her for going through labor and delivery
2. I call my mom because I realize now that today is just as special of a day for her as it is for me
3. It is not quite as exciting as my kids birthdays
4. I forget how old I am ALL the time
5. I feel older then I am
6. I ask for things like the carpet cleaned or a new spatula to make pancakes with instead of the newest fashion trends
7. What are the newest fashion trends anyways?
8. I am not as concerned with how many people remember, but very thankful for the ones that do
9. I do not expect nor do I want the day to revolve around me
10. I used to wonder what gifts my family and friends would get me, and now I realize my friends and family are my greatest gifts

11. It used to be more important what my cake looked like, now how it tastes is way more important!

6 comments:

sharon said...

My thoughts exactly, how did you get so wise in your short 26 years? I love you, happy b-day, I hope you have good sushi! Love, Mom

C:M:W said...

Happy Birthday to you....

walkers said...

so right. so true. happy birthday to you. what a gem you are indeed!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!

Gayla said...

hope your birthday was really wonderful, kelly! ...just like you are!

Sarah W said...

Happy Birthday!